The growing demand for processed foods and increasing health consciousness in the people is driving the food & beverages industry which in turn is driving the food enzymes market. Food enzymes are a major food additives which convert complex molecules in to simpler ones in our diet. The food enzymes market is expected to register a CAGR of 8.1% for the forecast period of 2018-2023.
The demand for processed and packaged foods is growing with the need to provide food security and safety. However, due to complexities in the global food supply chain, there is a need to add food additives to keep intact the nutritional content and maintain the shelf life. Apart from these reasons, the increasing penetration of organized retail in urban and rural centers globally seem to drive the need for food enzymes. The key restrains the market faces is in terms of unclear regulatory process and high Research and development costs.
The report is segmented based on enzymes types which include carbohydrases, proteases and Lipases; carbohydrases dominate the market followed by proteases and lipases. Food enzymes find major application in Bakery, Dairy & Frozen products, Enzymes, Meat products, Oils and Fats among others. Bakery is the largest application market, as food enzyme are used to improve dough stability and shelf life of end products. Increased use of enzymes in cheese processing is driving the use of enzymes in dairy industry, which is the second largest application market followed by the beverages industry.
Europe constitutes 28% of the global food enzymes share. The Carbohydrase Europe market was valued at USD 503 billion in 2015, and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% during 2017-2022. . Europe carbohydrases market account for nearly 20% of the global carbohydrases market.Europe is expected to see a slow growth as the European Union has recently imposed a legislation to assess the risks associated with the use of enzymes in food industry.
• December 2016 - Chaucer has established a partnership with Nagatanien, a Japanese-based manufacturer and distributor of premixed and instant food. This will allow the UK-based manufacturer to further expand its global operating platform and allow the Company to take advantage of growth opportunities in its markets
• March 2018 - The Kraft Heinz Company expanded its business by opening a new facility in Kirksville. It is a state-of-the-art facility in which the company will accommodate food processing equipment. This expansion will help the company to strengthen its presence in food processing market.
Major Players - AB ENZYMES, ABIASA (AVANCES BIOQUÍMICOS ALIMENTACIÓN S.L.), ALL ENZYMES,SA , BDF NATURAL INGREDIENTS SL, BIOCON ESPAÑOLA, S.A., CARGILL INCORPORATED, NOVOZYMES, SUNSON INDUSTRY GROUP, TATE & LYLE and VGP, SL, among others.
Some of the players who have been profiled in this report include AB Enzymes, Novozymes, Sunson Industry group, Cargill, Tate & Lyle among others. The market sees opportunities for growth in emerging and developed nations as food enzymes reduce water, energy and wastage costs. The market needs amendments to develop a set of guidelines to regulate the market.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
• Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
• Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
• Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
• Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
• Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- By product type
- By End User/Applications
- By Technology
- By Region