This report provides key clinical trial data related to ongoing clinical trials such as trial phase, trial status, trial start and end dates, and, the number of trials of the major Spinal Fusion Devices pipeline products.
Spinal fusion procedures are mainly performed on cervical and thoraco-lumbar regions. Spinal fusion is a surgical procedure that involves joining two vertebrae in the spine to form a single solid bone, with the involvement of certain devices, in order to relieve pain. Spinal fusion is performed by conventional and Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) methods. Conventional methods include all open surgical methods that used for performing spinal procedures. Depending on the site of incision (surgical approach), thoraco-lumbar fusion procedures are divided into anterior, posterior and lateral fusion procedures
Depending on the level of surgery performed, cervical fusion procedures are classified into one-level and two-level where as thoracolumbar fusion procedures are classified into one, two and three-level. One-level, two-level and three-level surgeries involve the fusion of two, three and four vertebral segments respectively. Conventional methods of spinal fusion procedures are tracked whereas MIS fusion procedures are excluded. Spinal plating systems, Pedicle screw systems, Interbody devices are the devices used in conventional spinal fusion procedures.
Spinal plating systems, Pedicle screw systems and Interbody devices are only covered under this segment. The percentage split of vertebral body replacement systems and the number of devices used in conventional methods of spinal fusion procedures is tracked in this segment but the average selling price and value of vertebral body replacement systems are tracked under a separate segment of "Vertebral Body Replacement Systems".
Reasons to buy:
- Access significant competitor information, analysis, and insights to improve your R&D strategies.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Identify and understand important and diverse types of Spinal Fusion Devices under development.
- Formulate market-entry and market expansion strategies.
- Plan mergers and acquisitions effectively by identifying major players with the most promising pipeline.