Mobile Phones in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The Mobile Phones market includes mobile phone service revenues and average minutes of use (MOU). Market values are made up of total mobile revenues containing revenues from mobile service providers and other members of the mobile service value-chain for the provision of mobile telephony services, excluding revenues from the sale of devices. Market volumes are made up of two segments: prepaid and postpaid, which consist of prepaid average monthly MOU and postpaid average monthly MOU. Minutes of use are made up from the average of voice minutes used in mobile subscriptions, including both incoming and outgoing calls, but not including M2M/IoT voice services.
- The Canadian mobile phones market had total revenues of $16.9bn in 2018, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2.1% between 2014 and 2018.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -0.3% between 2014 and 2018, to reach a total of 630.2 average MOU in 2018.
- The increase in online retailers selling the same kind of mobile phones at cheaper prices reduced the number of consumers purchasing mobile phones from high street stores to a great extent.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the mobile phones market in Canada
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the mobile phones market in Canada
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key mobile phones market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada mobile phones market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada mobile phones market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Canada mobile phones market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada mobile phones market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Canada's mobile phones market?
Frequently Asked Questions
- By product type
- By End User/Applications
- By Technology
- By Region