In addition, increased offerings in terms of variety of dates by different manufacturers has also resulted into surging demand for dates as they prefer date based purees and syrups as one the key ingredients in their food. Furthermore, rising demand of dried dates to enhance nutritional value of bakery and confectionery products has also paved the way for immense opportunities for dates in the region. As dates are grown extensively around the world, the Middle East region constitutes to be the largest producer as well as the consumer. Dates are found in more than 1,500 varieties with Bahri, Deglet Noor and Zahidi being the prominent and oldest known variety. However, high prices of dates tend to hamper the growth prospects in the respective region. Furthermore, increasing tourism in countries such as the UAE and Saudi Arabia would further increase the overall demand for dates in the specified country in the years to come.
“Conventional dates expected to dominate during the analyzed period.”
The Middle East Date market is segmented based on nature such as organic and conventional. The conventional dates occupy the largest share and is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period 2018-2025. However, organic dates are expected to witness the highest CAGR growth during the analyzed period on account of numerous companies diverting their focus to organic date cultivation.
“Amongst date fruit forms, processed dates tend to conquer the market during the forecast period.”
The study further bifurcates the dates market into different forms of dates including, raw and processed dates, wherein processed form is available in paste, dried, purees and syrups. Since date market in Middle East accounts for majority of date consumption as well as production in the world, dates are majorly consumed as a part of cuisine and is mainly used to make pastries and delicacies.
“Deglet Noor constitutes to be the most prominent date variety available in Middle East region.”
The Middle East Date industry can be segmented across different varieties of dates which encompass Barhi, Thoory, Halawi, Medjool, Deglet Noor, Fard, Zahidi and others. At present, deglet noor is one of the most famous date types, which has soft honey like taste and is in translucent light color. Owing to more than 50% of the production being undertaken in Tunisia and Algeria, the date variety has witnessed surging demand over the years.
“Egypt represents itself as one of the largest producer of dates with production centered on desert oases and river Nile.”
For a deep dive analysis of the industry, the study also includes GCC country-level analysis including major markets of dates in the Middle East region including Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Egypt, Bahrain, Algeria, Oman and the rest of Middle East. Egypt is considered as the world’s largest producer of dates and is the most lucrative market for the respective fruit. Moreover, favorable geographical and climatic conditions for the production of dates, growing exports to compete internationally along with the ability to fulfil the local demands and favorable government policies have further intensified the market potential of the country.
Competitive Landscape-Top 10 Market Players
Some of the major players operating in the Middle East Date market include Al Foah, Al Barakh Dates Factory, Hadiklaim Dates Grower Cooperative, Maghadi Dates, Haifa Dates, Kingdom Dates, Sharjah Dates, Sahara Dates, Emirates Dates and Al Mohamadia Dates Company. With an objective to enhance their product portfolio, these players have adopted various strategies to increase the production of date fruit in their farms and factories to cater to customer’s requirement.
Reasons to buy:
• The date fruit market study in Middle East region presents the current market size, trend, forecast until 2024. The analysis presented in the report is a combination of deep dive secondary research and input from Key Opinion Leader of the industry
• The report presents exhaustive analysis on export and import scenario and value chain analysis
• The report presents comprehensive analysis on production and consumption levels of GCC countries over the forecast period
• The report presents a quick review of overall industry performance at one glance
• The report covers in depth analysis of prominent industry peers with primary focus on key business financials, product portfolio, expansion strategies and recent developments
• Detailed examination on regulatory framework, drivers, restraints, key trends and opportunities prevailing in the industry.
• Examination of industry attractiveness with the help of Porter’s Five Forces analysis
• The study comprehensively covers the market across different segments and sub segments
• Deep dive regional level analysis of the industry
report understands that you may have your own business need, hence we also provide fully customized solutions to clients. The Middle East date fruit market can be customized to regional/country level or any other market segment.