This report provides an overview of the pipeline landscape for male health. The report provides comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development and key players involved in therapeutic development for Male Hypogonadism, Erectile Dysfunction and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, and features dormant and discontinued projects.
Male hypogonadism is a condition in which the body doesn’t produce enough testosterone, resulting in signs and symptoms of testosterone deficiency and/or infertility. Symptoms include fatigue, hot flashes, infertility, decrease in muscle mass and loss of bone mass (osteoporosis).
Erectile dysfunction is the inability of a man to achieve and sustain an erection sufficient to have sexual intercourse. It can also be known as impotence. The predisposing factors include tobacco usage, overweight, injuries, drug and alcohol use and medications, including antidepressants, antihistamines and medications to treat high blood pressure, pain or prostate cancer.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia is the enlargement of the prostate gland and occurs when cells of the prostate gland begin to multiply. Symptoms include painful urination, leakage of urine, nocturia and blood in the urine.
The size of these pipelines ranges from 23 products in male hypogonadism to 36 in erectile dysfunction. Across all three of these indications, however, androgen receptors and phosphodiesterase 5 are the most common targets, closely reflecting the current treatment landscape of these diseases.
- Which companies are the most active within the pipeline for male health therapeutics?
- Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
- To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared to pharmaceutical companies?
- What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have happened in the field of male health?
Reasons to buy
- Understand the overall pipeline, with an at-a-glance overview of all products in therapeutic development for each indication
- Assess the products in development in granular detail, with an up-to-date overview of each individual pipeline program in each indication, and a comprehensive picture of recent updates and milestones for each
- Analyze the companies, institutions and universities currently operating in the pipeline, and the products being fielded by each of these
- Understand the composition of the pipeline in terms of molecule type, molecular target, mechanism of action and route of administration