The telecommunications market in Iraq will generate service revenue of $4.1bn in 2016. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a CAGR of 5.6% over 2016-2021. Growth will be driven by the expansion of 3G services. Over the next five years, operators can benefit from opportunities related to the expansion in 3G network coverage and rising demand for mobile data by offering value-added services and OTT content. As the government liberates more areas, network vendors should position themselves to support the expansion of mobile and fixed services.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Iraq is expected to generate $4.1bn in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by growth in mobile services and fixed Internet revenue.
- Mobile services are expected to dominate the telecom market in Iraq and will account for 67.7% of total telecom service revenue in 2016.
- The top two mobile operators in Iraq, Zain and Asia cell, which provide mobile voice and data services, are estimated to account for 55.1% of total telecom service revenue in 2016.
“Iraq: Mobile and Fixed Internet Services Will Drive Overall Growth” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Iraq today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Iraq's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Iraq compared with other countries in Africa and Middle East region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Iraq.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Iraq's telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Iraq, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Iraq's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Iraq.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Iraq.