"Guatemala: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Guatemala today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecommunications and pay-TV services revenue in Guatemala will reach $2.8bn in 2017 to account for 3.7% of Guatemala’s GDP and grow to $3.2bn by 2022 at a CAGR of 2.6%.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Guatemala.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Total telecommunications and pay-TV services revenue in Guatemala will reach $2.8bn in 2017 to account for 3.7% of Guatemala’s GDP and grow to $3.2bn by 2022 at a CAGR of 2.6%.
- GlobalData expects growth in service revenue from fixed broadband, pay-TV and most importantly mobile data as a result of increase usage of OTT and video applications, offsetting revenue losses in mobile messaging and fixed voice services areas. Incorporation of OTT services into traditional telecom and media plans will lead to a substantial increase in fixed and mobile data consumption.
- The three pan-regional operators (Claro, Tigo and Movistar) have a combined subscription share of more than 90% of the total telecommunications and pay-TV services markets in Guatemala.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Guatemala’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Guatemala’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Guatemala’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Guatemala.