Cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) is a high-quality insulation material with excellent electrical properties. Power cables account for the important component of power networks that are used in transmission and distribution. Thus, cables need huge attention as they are more prone to hazards and accidents. They are typically used in power transmission & distribution. The cables are insulated with a variety of materials such as Polyvinyl chloride, polyethene, polyurethane, nylon, ethylene propylene diene monomer, thermoplastic elastomers, and many others, but XLPE is the best insulating material due to its ability to hold short circuit current capacity. These cables are made, considering the high-quality conscious environment with testing and inspection from raw material to finished cable stage. XLPE cables hold significance in long transmission networks, mainly for 6kV-35kV transmission lines.
The world is focusing on increasing the energy generation from renewable sources, but the electricity generation location is generally very far from the consumption area. Thus, cables are gaining attention to maintain the gap between the renewable energy generation points to the grids. This drives the market for XLPE cables as the transmission losses in XLPE cables are less and this makes the cables appropriate for long distances. Furthermore, the durability of XLPE cables over other insulated cables, drives the global XLPE market. XLPE cables are capable of carrying the current under different temperatures and are able to perform in harsh conditions. For an instance, these cables are best suited for working voltage of 240 V to 500V.
For the purpose of study, global XLPE cable market has been segmented based on installations, voltage, end-user, and region. Based on installation, the market has been segmented into overhead, underground, and submarine. Among them, underground segment accounts for the largest market size due to their high efficiency and low exposure to accidents. On the basis of voltage, the XLPE cables market is segmented as high, medium, and low. Low voltage segment is dominating owing to its wide end-use application from the distribution networks. On the basis of end-use, the market is further classified as power, oil & gas, chemical, manufacturing, metals & mining, infrastructure & transportation, and others. Power segment is dominating as power cables are used in every segment. On the basis of region, market is segmented into the four regions of Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
The key players of global XLPE cable market are Brugg Kabel AG (Switzerland), Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.(Japan), ABB Ltd(Switzerland), The Prysmian Group (Italy), and General Cable Corporation (U.S.). Nexans S.A.( France), Encore Wire Corporation (U.S.), NKT A/S (Denmark), Finolex Cables Ltd (India), Relemac Technologies Pvt. Ltd (India), Laser Power & Infra Pvt. Ltd (India), KEI Industries Limited (India), Universal Cables Ltd.(India), and Eland Cables (U.K.) are among others.
Objectives of Global XLPE cable Market Analysis & Forecast, 2017 - 2023
• To provide detailed analysis of the market structure along with forecast for the next six years of various segments and sub-segments of the global XLPE Cable market
• To analyze the global XLPE Cable market based on various tools such as Supply Chain Analysis, and Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
• To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments and sub-segments with respect to regions and their respective key countries
• To provide country-level analysis of the market with respect to the current market size and future prospective
• To provide country-level analysis of the market for segments by installation, voltage , end-user, and region
• To provide strategic profiling of key players in the market, comprehensively analyzing their core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market
• To track and analyze competitive developments such as joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, new product developments, and research and developments in the XLPE cable market
• Research Institute & education institute
• Power industry
• Transmission and distribution industry.
• Health, safety, and environment organizations.
• Global XLPE cable market is estimated to reach USD 12,142.7 million by 2023.
• By installation, underground segment accounted for the largest market with a market value of USD 9,876.87 million, in 2016, progressing at the highest CAGR of 6.74% during the forecast period.
• Based on voltage, low voltage segment dominates the market in 2016, with a market value of USD 4,213.5 million, which is projected to rise at the highest CAGR of 6.79%.
• Based on end-use, power segment accounted for the largest market size in 2016, with market value of USD 6,401.63 million, and is expected to progress at the highest CAGR of 6.76%.
• Geographically, Americas region has been projected to have the largest market share of 39.87% in the global XLPE cable market.
Regional and Country Analysis of global XLPE cable market Estimation and Forecast
Geographically, Americas dominate the global XLPE cables market. In the region, U.S. is the largest market for XLPE cables, owing to the advanced power systems in the country. Besides, the industrial segment is the highest in U.S., which drives the market for XLPE cables in the country. Europe is the second largest market for XLPE cables. In the region, Germany has the largest market size due to the country’s focus on increased renewable energy generation from solar, enhancing the efficiency of the transmission and distribution segment. Asia Pacific is the fastest growing region in XLPE cable market as the region is experiencing high demand for power and industrialization and urbanization. This drives the market in the Asia Pacific region. China, Japan, and India are the key contributors in the region.
The reports also cover country-level analysis:
• South America
• Rest of Asia Pacific
Middle East & Africa
• Middle East
Frequently Asked Questions
- By product type
- By End User/Applications
- By Technology
- By Region