Thermal Paper is manufactured with specialty coating with enables inkless printing. This coating blackens when exposed to heat, and in turn transfers the image on the paper. The paper has applications across gaming, lottery, retail, e-commerce, packaging & labelling, and others. The market is driven by various factors such as increasing consumption of processed and packaged foods, growth in pharmaceutical industry, and increase in the number of ATMs. However the market growth is hampered by fluctuating supply & prices of raw materials, and non-availability of skilled labor.
The global thermal paper market has been segmented based on technology, and application. Based on technology, the market has been segmented as direct thermal, thermal transfer, and others. The study indicates, direct thermal accounted for the largest market share. In direct thermal technology, no ribbon is used in printing. It creates the image directly on the printed material. Direct thermal printing uses chemically treated, heat-sensitive media that turns black when it passes under the thermal print head. Thermal Transfer is expected to be fastest growing capacity type in the market. On the basis of application, the market has been segmented as, POS, lottery & gaming, labels & tags, and others. The study indicates, POS segment accounted for the largest market share and is expected to be fastest growing product in the market. POS (Point of Sale) application includes receipts and tags at the retails stores, online purchases, and ATMs. The paper is generally compatible with most transaction-style printers and cash registers, and multiple rolls come in a pack. POS paper ensures customers get a clear, legible, smudge-free receipt each time. The thermal paper for receipts come in various dimensions to suit the end-use.
The global thermal paper market was valued at USD 3,212.7 million in the year 2016, which is expected to reach USD 4,391.0 million by the end of the forecast period growing at 4.66% CAGR.
The prominent players in the Thermal Paper include Appvion, Inc., Oji Paper (Thailand) Ltd., Koehler Paper Group, Ricoh Company, Jujo Thermal Ltd., Mitsubishi Paper Mills Ltd., Hansol, and Nakagawa Manufacturing (USA), Inc.
Objective of Global Thermal Paper Market Analysis & Forecast, from 2016 to 2022
• Region-level demand analysis and forecast of the study market
• Study of the effect of exogenous & endogenous factors viz. demographic, economics, and political factors, which affect the global thermal paper market
• Porter’s five forces market analysis to determine competitive scenario
• Segment and sub-segment level analysis of the market over the historical as well as forecast period
• Identification of key factors instrumental in the changing market scenario, such as tapping new market opportunities, and gaining competitive edge
• Supplier companies
• End Users
• Consultants And Investment Bankers
• Research Institute / Education Institute
• The global Thermal Paper market is expected to reach USD 4,391.0 million by 2023.
• By technology, direct thermal segment in thermal paper market accounts for the largest market share and is growing with approximately ~4.89% CAGR during forecast period.
• By application, POS segment in thermal paper market accounts for the largest market share and is growing with approximately ~4.93% CAGR during forecast period.
• Geographically, North America accounted for the largest share in global thermal paper market followed by Europe.
Regional and Country Analysis of global Thermal Paper market estimation and forecast
The global Thermal Paper market is expected to grow at a promising rate during the forecast period. North America region dominates the global thermal paper market. The region has witnessed increased demand of thermal paper, from POS application, mainly due to the high internet penetration in countries such as U.S. and Canada. The POS applications demand thermal paper for receipts, acknowledgements, and bills. The U.S. is the major market in North America. The country houses one of the biggest international retail chains such as Walmart and Amazon. This makes it an important market for thermal paper.
Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of during the forecast period. The region is regarded as one of the fastest growing regions, in terms of retail sales both from stationary and online format. With increasing disposable income and changing consumer preferences, there has been an inclination towards purchasing from online platforms, especially the international ones such as Amazon.
The reports also cover country level analysis:
• North America
o Rest of the Europe
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of the World
o South America
o Middle East & Africa