A 3D-enabled mobile employs stereoscopy or any other 3D depth technique to convey the depth perception to the viewer. Some 3D mobiles have glass-free 3D display and some high-end mobiles have a 3D camera and an HDMI 3D output. Real-time object analysis, orienting, locating, and identifying are the major features of mobile 3D. Advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), detailed gesture recognition, measuring dynamically changing objects, green screening without a screen in broadcasting, and advanced facial recognition by identifying varying faces and non-static faces are a few major applications of mobile 3D.
Growing Smartphone Usage is Driving Market Growth
Global smartphone usage has witnessed rapid increase. The mobile 3D market is driven by improved display performance, computational power, optimization of size and price, auto-stereoscopic technology, enabling users to view 3D displays without glasses, and availability of good quality 3D content. However, the high cost of 3D devices and content, difficulties in creating 3D content due to poor brightness, more power consumption, and resolution penalty due to 3D displays may hinder the growth of the market.
Gaming Applications are expected to Hold Largest Share
The mobile 3D market is segmented based on the product, component, and application. The application segment is further segmented into animations, maps & navigation, mobile gaming, and mobile advertisements. Among the applications, mobile games are expected to witness the highest growth rate. The increased proliferation of video games and other video content on a 3D mainstream technology is driving the market. The rising demand for 3D video games is considered as a major trend driving the global market scenario.
North America is the Major Contributor for the Market
North America holds the highest share of the mobile 3D market. Housing many market giants in various industrial verticals, North America has been dominating the market and is expected to continue its domination throughout the forecast period. North America is experiencing a once-in-a-decade shift on the technological front. The United States held the largest share in the market followed by Canada. This growth in the United States is expected to continue owing to the technological innovations within the market, such as 3D-enabled mobile applications and dual-lens 3D mobile cameras. The Asia-Pacific is expected to record a high growth rate over the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
• August 2017 – Toshiba unveiled single package SSDs with 64-layer 3D flash memory. The new product offers ultra-compact design that enables mobile computing and IoT devices to be smaller, lighter, faster, and power-efficient.
The major players include - 3M, HTC CORPORATION, SHARP CORPORATION, SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS, LG ELECTRONICS INC., APPLE, INC., NVIDIA CORPORATION, INTEL CORPORATION, TOSHIBA CORPORATION, HITACHI LTD, NTT DOCOMO, IMAGINATION TECHNOLOGIES, QUALCOMM INC., and EON REALITY, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
• Current and future mobile 3D market analysis in the developed and emerging markets
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• The segment that is expected to dominate the market
• Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
• Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
• 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- By product type
- By End User/Applications
- By Technology
- By Region