Matcha tea partially processed than regular green tea as the leaves are not heated and grown under shade to preserve the natural nutrients found in the leaves. Matcha green tea far outweighs even some of the most powerful super foods we know of today. It contains over six times the antioxidants in goji berries, seven times the antioxidants in dark chocolate, 17 times more antioxidants than blueberries, and 60 times the antioxidants found in spinach. Furthermore, growing beauty consciousness among consumers has supported the growth of this market, considering the fact that matcha has five times higher chlorophyll content than regular tea. This chlorophyll helps in giving clear skin, clarifies blood and protects heart, and also helps in preventing joint inflammation.
Matcha tea have recently gained their popularity and mass consumers in some regions are still found to be unaware of the product. Product promotions play a very crucial role in spreading awareness about the product as well as the benefits obtained from them. Product promotions through e-commerce have a very strong potential in increasing the consumers knowledge and increased sale of the product. E-commerce also acts as a strong distribution channel in today’s scenario. Celebrity endorsement has played a vital role in the increased sale of product as consumers tend to follow famous personalities which also lead to personal communication and eventually increased sale. Product promotion through popular celebrities results in strong product reorganization among the consumers leading to a positive impact on the sale.
The leading market players in the global matcha tea market primarily are Nestlé SA (Switzerland), Tata Global Beverages Ltd (India), The Unilever Group (U.K.), AOI Tea Company (U.S.), Aiya Co. Ltd. (Japan), ITO EN, LTD. (Japan), Marukyu Koyamaen Co. Ltd. (Japan).
Study Objectives of matcha tea Market Forecast to 2023
• Detailed analysis for individual micro and macro markets for matcha tea
• To estimate market size by Formulation, Application, Distribution Channel and Region
• To understand the supply and demand dynamics of matcha tea
• Company profiling of major players & competitive positioning for the matcha tea market
• Value chain analysis and supply chain analysis of matcha tea
• Analysis of historical market trends, and technologies, and current government regulatory requirements related to matcha tea market
• Matcha tea manufacturers
• Food Service industries
• Retailers and wholesalers
• Traders, importers and exporters
• Matcha tea holds huge potential and holds ample scope of growth during the forecast period. Most food and drink trends have very short life spans, however it doesn’t stand true in case of matcha tea, which looks to be one of the longest and strongest drink phenomena of the decade.
• Demand for matcha tea products is driven by added health benefits and product variety. However high investment related to matcha tea challenges this market, it is labour intensive market. The existing key players are focusing on R&D, for new product development and attractive packaging. The major trends observed in the global matcha tea market are innovative products such as coffee, chocolates, bakery products, ice creams, snacks and many more
Regional and Country Analysis of matcha tea market development and demand Forecast to 2023 Market
As per the MRFR analysis, the global market for matcha tea has witnessed continued demand during the last few years and is projected to reach USD 5652.37 million by 2023, at a CAGR of 9.69% during the forecasted period. Asia Pacific is estimated to dominate the global matcha tea market holding a lion’s share of more than 36.4% and projected to reach USD 2039.94 million by the end of 2023. Europe will witness the highest growth rate of 10% in the global matcha tea market.
The reports also cover country level analysis:
• North America
o Rest of Europe
• Asia – Pacific
o Australia & New Zealand
o Latin America
o Middle East