Digital Transformation for Laboratories with IoT is Augmenting Market Growth
Technological innovations have improved productivity of clinical labs. With the increasing reliance on technology based systems and drastic growth of internet driven processes is driving the need for automation. Digital transformation - connecting devices with internet ensures remote monitoring, alerts, remote control, and notifications for everything (from temperature to threats). Using manual systems always exposes to the risk of errors, these systems collects data digitally and accurately, which would reduce the time by 60 percent. Using IoT provides with capabilities, such as data collection and analysis, which has a huge potential impact, as the data can be monitored according to the actual consumption (quantitative and qualitative perspective), hence, providing quality management. Laboratories can maintain data through high levels of security while providing accurate and unhampered data through IoT.
Automated plate handlers holds Largest Market Share
Automated plate handlers are used in laboratory environments, integrated through hardware and software with microplate readers. Plate handlers deliver up to 20-30 plates with integrated software's, which control the plate reader. The capability to operate with multiple instruments has allowed the plate handlers to express an increased speed and capacity. With recent advancements in technology, the major players in the market have been able to develop microplate handlers with integrated vision and dynamic learning ability that can provide the machines independent capability to learn from previous operations, and further boost the work envelope by more than 25%. Fluorescence detection is developed for detecting microplate. It is more expensive than absorbance detection. In the pattern for fluorescence detection, the sample undergoes illumination through two optical systems.
North America holds the Largest Market Share
The market landscape in North America is extremely dynamic, with a high level of merger and acquisition activities with many high-value deals are still pending. Both manufacturers and clinical laboratories are increasingly vying for smaller specialized niche technology solutions to increase their market share. Further, the rise in the number of clinical or pre-clinical studies has increased the demand for an efficient and cost-effective solutions, such as lab automation, required for the analysis of samples, thus propelling the growth of the market in the United States Stringent regulations for classification of devices imposed by the United States government and the FDA to assure safety and effectiveness, along with the growing demand in the market is also expected to drive lab automation in clinical diagnostics market.
Key Developments in the Market
• September 2017 - Agilent announced a platinum sponsorship agreement with LabCentral, biotech innovation hub based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. As a platinum sponsor, Agilent will provide LabCentral's shared laboratory workspace with a variety of Agilent technology
• June 2017 - Roche announced that it would be showcasing new solutions for lab innovation and leadership at the 22nd IFCC–EFLM European Congress of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicines (EuroMedLab) in Athens. The congress will offer the opportunity to experience first-hand Roche’s latest technological advancements in diagnostics technology and solutions, including the Roche Integrated Core Lab (ICL)
The major players include - THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, BECKMAN COULTER, HUDSON ROBOTICS, BECTON DICKINSON, SYNCHRON LAB AUTOMATION, AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, SIEMENS HEALTHCARE, TECAN GROUP LTD, PERKINELMER, BIO-RAD, ROCHE HOLDING AG, EPPENDORF AG, SHIMADZU CORPORATION, AURORA BIOMED, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Current and future lab automation in clinical diagnostics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• The segment that is expected to dominate the market
• Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
• Identifying the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players
• 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs