Currently, the US Air Force flies MQ-9 reaper, MQ-1 predator, and RQ-4 global hawk drones remotely using USAF pilots, to navigate from a ground control station. The US Air Force started developing the C-17 cargo planes for unmanned missions, which allow the aircraft to reach high-risk forward locations with weapons, supplies and ammunition, thus driving the airborne reconnaissance market.
The military forces are required to operate in severe environments, where the spectrum is densely occupied and less governed affecting the ISR operations. The operations require the establishment of a single information environment (SIE), supported by a resilient mesh of related networks, while tackling the threat from enemy forces. However, owing to the growing demand, the need for governance and regulation is expected to be prominent.
The market is expected to register USD 42.35 billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of 6.78%. The air-based platform segment is led by the increasing popularity of unmanned aerial vehicles and is expected to be one of the fastest growing markets until 2023. The space-based ISR is in the nascent stage, as most of the countries do not own satellite systems.
The market is segmented by:
• Platform: into land-based, air-based, sea-based, space-based
• Geography: Into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, Middle East & Africa
Major Key Player : ELBIT CORPORATION, HARRIS CORPORATION, GENERAL DYNAMICS, THALESRAYTHEON SYSTEMS, THE BOEING COMPANY, CACI INTERNATIONAL INC, BAE SYSTEMS amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
• Study on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
• Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs