In 2017, ShotsSpotter and Raytheon Company were among the market leaders for gunshot detection systems globally. By application, the gunshot detection system market has been segmented into various geographical factors that are local and defense. Therefore, the local segment is projected to record a CAGR 14.13%. The demand for increased security in innovative smart cities is the critical factor that drives the market. In the last few years, large-scale installations of gunshot detection systems have taken place in different towns of North America and some parts of Europe. The defense use of gunshot detection systems involves installation on armored vehicles, soldier armor, border crossings, and military installations on buildings and bases.
Based on installation type, the gunshot detection systems market is dominated by the fixed segment. Fixed gunshot detection system uses acoustic sensor node detection technology to detect a gunshot event. Fixed installation systems are carried out at 30 - 60 meters from the ground.
Growing Demand for Gunshots Detection Systems
The market for gunshot detection systems is expected to be greatly influenced by the growing need for security. Recently, ShotSpotter reported a revenue of USD 2.8 million for 2016 - 2017 due to gunshot detection systems. The growth in gun ownership in the US and illegal arms sale have contributed to threats of gunfire-related incidents. Rise in deaths or homicide incidents, due to the use of guns, is a significant concern. The gunshot detection system market in North America is expected to witness significant growth, owing to a high number of firearm-related deaths in the region, especially in the US where the firearm-related death rate is 25 times higher than other countries. Most of the US cities are planning to install indoor gunshot detection systems at various places, such as universities, corporate office locations, and commercial facilities in the next five years.
Key Developments in the Market
• March 2018: Former Teacher developed gunshot detection alarm system. The gunshot detection technology essentially works like a fire alarm, with sensors that are placed throughout a building that go off if a gunshot is detected and confirmed.
• March 2018: ShotSpotter gunshot detection now active in Bakersfield.
Major Players: SHOTSPOTTER, ACOEM GROUP, QINETIQ NORTH AMERICA, DATABUOY CORPORATION, CILAS, ISRAEL AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES LIMITED among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report:
• Provides Latest Insights into the Gunshot Detection System market
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• Detailed analysis on the region expected to witness fastest growth in the market
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Report Customization and Benefits
This report can be customized to meet the desired requirements. Please connect with our analyst/sales representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.