Longer shelf-life of processed food like canned food offer the convenience factor which act as the major growth drivers for the industry. The changing consumer patterns in terms of dietary habits due to the influence of western culture have also fueled the demand for fruits and vegetable processing market. New product development, high investment in R&D and growing demand in the developing world are growth opportunities for the canned food industry.
Canned fruits can be a good source of vitamins and minerals. The fruit and vegetable processing market is segmented by type and by processing equipment type. Irradiation does not make foods radioactive, and does not compromise nutritional quality, or noticeably change the taste, texture, or appearance of food. In fact, any changes made by irradiation are so minimal.
North America dominated the fruit and vegetable processing market in 2015. There is a high consumption of frozen fruits and vegetables in the United States and Canada. However, due to the increasing health awareness, consumers are expected to shift toward fresh produce in the long run. Demand for processed fruits and vegetables has grown strongly in the developing countries of Asia-Pacific over the past five years.
China being the world's leading exporter of processed fruit and vegetables.India is one of the world's largest producers of fresh fruit and vegetables. However, fruit and vegetable processing is relatively undeveloped in the country.
MAJOR PLAYERS: BOSCH PACKAGING TECHNOLOGY, BÜHLER GROUP, CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY, CONAGRA FOODS INC., DEL MONTE FOODS INC., DOLE FOOD COMPANY INC., GEA GROUP AG, GREENCORE GROUP PLC, GROUP PLC, H. J. HEINZ COMPANY, INC., DOLE FOOD COMPANY, INC., JBT CORPORATION, KRONES AG, MAXWELL CHASE TECHNOLOGIES, MCCAIN FOODS LTD., NESTLE S.A., SVZ USA INC, SAFEWAY INC., and THE KROGER COMPANY , amongst others.These companies have innovations in packaging, changed or reduced the number of ingredients, touted the health and freshness of their ingredients and created more innovative items in the fruits and vegetables segment. The industrial processing of fruit and vegetables is a major market. With a global network of suppliers and cultivators, SVZ is one of the larger players in this segment. The firm is active in the business-to-business segment and supplies its products to the international food industry.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
• Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
• Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
• Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
• Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
• Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- By product type
- By End User/Applications
- By Technology
- By Region