The global automotive electric power steering systems market has been segmented on the basis of component type, vehicle type, type, and geography.
• On the basis of component type, the market has been segmented into steering wheel/column, sensors, steering motor, and others.
• On the basis of vehicle type, the market has been segmented into passenger cars, LCV, heavy vehicles, and others.
• On the basis of type, the market has been segmented into electrically-powered hydraulic steering, electro-hydraulic power steering, EPS, and others.
• On the basis of geography, the marker has been segmented into North America (US, Canada, others), Europe (UK, France, Germany, Russia, others), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, others), South America (Brazil, Argentina, others) and Middle East & Africa (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, others).
Europe holds the largest market share of the market, followed by North America. However, the growing automobile sector in Asia-Pacific, with India, China, and Japan emerging as automotive manufacture hubs, is expected to drive the market for electric power steering systems.
• September, 2017 - GKN PLC has come up with SPIDAN power steering system, that features intelligent energy management that help in the reduction of fuel consumption and CO2 emission and preserves natural resources, through the use of remanufactured replacement components.
• May, 2017 - The New Corvette Stingray and Bugatti Veyron have started using the advance Electric Power Assisted Steering system (EPAS), employing a simple motor to push the steering rack as the steering wheel turns, instead of hydraulic pistons and pumps.
• September, 2017 - German auto parts maker, ZF Lenksysteme, stated that its electric power steering system uses 90% lesser energy than the hydraulic power steering.
• May 2017 - Automotive vehicle production has been growing rapidly with a substantial increase in global population and vehicle-owning households. The market for electric power steering (EPS) systems has surpassed the conventional hydraulic steering, in less than 20 years.
• The simpler construction compared to hydraulic systems, with benefits such as lesser weight, low maintenance, better response at different speeds, highly durability, and lesser fuel consumption, are driving the adoption of EPS over hydraulic systems, in turn, driving the market for electric power steering systems.
• Unstable fuel prices and safety features such as electronic stability control and ABS integrated with electronic steering systems are some other factors that are increasing the demand.
Major Players: ATS AUTOMATION TOOLING SYSTEMS INC., DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS, GKN PLC, HITACHI AUTOMOTIEC SYSTEMS, INFINEON TECHNOLOGIES, JTEKT CORPORATION, amongst others
Reasons to Purchase the Report:
• Current and future global automotive electric power steering systems market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• The segment that is expected to dominate the market
• Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
• Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
• 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Report Customization and Benefits:
This report can be customized to meet the desired requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure that you get a report that suits your needs.