Increasing fatalities due to vehicular accidents across the world
Increasing safety concerns due to rising vehicular accidents is expected to drive this market. The European Union came up with a legislation, which makes it mandatory on the part of manufacturers of trucks and buses to equip their products with AEB systems. The vehicles installed with AEBs also have discounted premiums, thereby bringing down the costs of insurance.
Government Regulations Mandating Installation of Autonomous Emergency Braking Systems will Drive the Market
The demand for Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) systems is expected to increase during the forecast period as the authorities of the US, South Korea, and EU, amongst others have resolved to make these systems mandatory for all vehicles sold in order to reduce the number of traffic accidents in their respective countries. These systems are poised to become a standard feature in all passenger and commercial vehicles, as the National highway Traffic Safety Administration of US Department of Transportation has announced that 20 automakers, representing 99% of the US auto market, have committed to make these systems a standard feature in their vehicles before 2022. Automakers making the commitment are Audi, BMW, FCA US LLC, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar Land Rover, Kia, Maserati, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan, Porsche, Subaru, Tesla Motors Inc., Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo Car, USA. Similarly South Korea’s transport ministry has announced that passenger vehicles on the roads must have AEB systems from January 2019, and trucks from 2021. These developments are likely to drive the autonomous emergency braking systems market in the near future.
October 2017: South Korea’s Ministry of Transportation announced mandatory installation of Autonomous Emergency Braking System for all passenger vehicles sold from January 2019.
Major Players: ROBERT BOSCH GMBH, MOBILEYE N.V., WABCO HOLDINGS INC., DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC, AND CONTINENTAL AG, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Study on the adoption of autonomous emergency braking system in the world and its effects on the automotive industry.
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
• Study on the type of vehicle expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
• Study on the region expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
• Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
• 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet the desired requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs