Ability of AI to Improve Medicine and Healthcare Facilities
Artificial intelligence has revolutionized patient care and enabled the emergence of better healthcare facilities. Managing medical records and other data pertaining to the patients is being delegated to AI systems, which leads to efficient use of resources and reduction of monotony in the jobs. These systems also help in faster and more consistent access to data. The inspection of images and diagnostics for various tests, such as CT scans, MRI, etc., could also be delegated to AI systems. It has been identified that error rates for image labelling have decreased from 28.5% to 2.5%, which emphasizes the need for AI systems in medicine. These applications can reduce redundancy and enable physicians and researchers focus on more demanding and necessary applications.
Patient Care and Management is Expected to Have the Highest Share Owing to Growing Awareness among the Applications
Effective management of patients is one of the prime needs for hospital facilities. Several studies have demonstrated the importance of patient engagement in improving health outcomes. Lacking such engagement has been a major contributor to preventing deaths. Healthcare applications are being used to deliver various medication alerts and other patient education materials. Smart wearables play a vital role in the transformation of the current healthcare industry. These wearables are available in the market in various forms, such as wristbands, watches, shoes, eyeglasses, belts, etc. The awareness among consumers is also increasing regarding wearables. About 56% of the consumers believe that wearing a smart device, which monitors vitals, leads to increase in the average life expectancy.
North America is Leading the Way as One of the Highest Market Shares for AI Medicine
The North American region has a well-developed healthcare and medicine system, which integrates the use of the latest technology. According to the Journal of Patient Safety, preventable medical mistakes account to about 210,000 lives per year. Diagnostic errors account to about 440,000 deaths per year. Medical errors cost the industry around USD 1 trillion annually. Thus, the need for efficient management and support in the country is high. Increasing amount of data and complexity of operations in the domain are challenging the resource management. Canada has also been rated as one of the best 10 healthcare systems, globally, which further emphasizes the need for better healthcare systems that drive the growth of Artificial Intelligence in this region.
Key Market Players: Atomwise Inc., Ibm Watson Health, Zebra Medical Vision, Cyrcadia Health Inc., Aicure Llc, Modernizing Medicine, Sense.Ly Inc., Berg Health, Mendasense Biometrics Ltd., Hindsait, Esko Bionics.
Key Developments in the Market
• January 2018: Inspirata, a cancer informatics and digital pathology workflow solutions acquired Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, Inc. with an aim of upgrading the analyzing techniques of the company.
• January 2018: Personalized medicine for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis has been provided by NuMedii by new AI-powered drug delivery systems.
• May 2017: General Electric has collaborated with Harvard Hospitals to develop AI products to cater to different dire needs in the healthcare industry. The dominant position of Harvard in the market is acting as a leverage for the company to introduce its products.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Examine the effects of the adoption of AI in the medicine market
• Analyze various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• Detailed analysis of the product type and application that are expected to dominate the market
• The regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
• Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
• 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements.