Germany and UK are the largest market growing at a steady growth rate. Western Europe confectionery sale have affected by the declining gum consumption in the countries. Increased demand for organic and high cocoa chocolate have fueled the confectionery market growth.
Organic in High Demand
Consumer interests in organic chocolate is growing in Europe. About 14% of Italian chocolate eaters prefer to buy organic chocolate whereas 4% of Polish looks for organic. Consumer demand is the major impetus for more conversion to organic product offerings. Europe remain the largest region globally with organic confectionery sale. Product launch with organic claim increased 6% during past two years in chocolates. Germany led the market accounting for 23% of the global organic chocolate launch, which is followed by France with 11%. Clean label claim products such as “all-natural”, “preservative-free” are further driving chocolate market in the region.
Chocolate Craving Dominates
European chocolate confectionery volume surpassed 3,589 million Kg in 2017 with moulded chocolate leading the segment. Moulded chocolate holds 33% of the chocolate volume share, which is followed by Countlines and softlines Countlines is the most consumed chocolates in the region, which is growing at a steady rate of 3%. The demand for countline sales crossed USD 9,576 million in 2017, driven by on-the-go and convenient pack style of products. Seasonal chocolate sale is more prominent in France, Germany, UK, and Spain while it is nascent stage majority of Eastern European countries. Boxed assortments sale is growing in the region owing to seasonal chocolate gifting trend, demand for premium chocolate and attractive packaging.
• April 2018 - Nestle recently launched “Ruby Chocolate” in UK on 10th April, which is the first new natural color chocolate after white chocolate introduced by nestle 80 years back. This chocolate is made from ruby/pink cocoa bean
The Europe confectionery market is competitive with multinational players accounting for major share. New product innovation and low calorie label claim are the main strategy adopted by the key player. Energy bars performed well in the past few year witnessing double digit growth rate in snack bar market. Many chocolate players such as Nestle is planning to launch premium chocolate in emerging countries, such as in India.
Major players - MARS INC., FERRERO, NESTLE SA, HERSHEY CO., MEIJI CO. LTD., amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
• Market dynamics scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
• Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
• Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
• Market value (USD Million) and volume (Kg Million) data for each segment and sub segment
• Covering three broad category of confectionery: Chocolate, gums, sugar confectionery, and snack bar
• Distribution Channel sales Analysis by Value
• Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the new product launch and strategies adopted by players in the past five years
• Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
• 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
Frequently Asked Questions
- By product type
- By End User/Applications
- By Technology
- By Region