The telecommunications market in DRC will generate service revenue of US$1.9bn in service revenue in 2016, 13.0% more than in 2015. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a CAGR of 7.4% over 2016-2021. Growth will largely be driven by continued growth in mobile subscription penetration. Over the next five years, opportunities exist in assisting operators expand their network coverage across the country. Vendors can also leverage opportunities to provide managed services to enable operators to reduce their operational and capital expenditures.
- The overall telecom service revenue in DRC is expected to generate $1.9bn in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by growth in mobile subscriptions.
- We expect that by 2021, 94.4% of total service revenue will come from mobile services.
- The top two mobile operators in the country, Vodacom and Airtel, will account for 53.9% of total mobile subscriptions at year-end 2016.
“DRC: Continued Growth in Mobile Subscriptions Will Drive Overall Market Revenues” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in DRC today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into DRC's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in DRC compared with other countries in Africa and Middle East region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in DRC.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in DRC's telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in DRC, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in DRC's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in DRC.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in DRC.