GBI Research’s latest report, Cosmeceuticals: Global Trends in Market Entry Strategies, Regulatory Framework, Next-Generation Products and Technologies, provides an in-depth assessment of the current trends in the global cosmeceuticals market. The cosmeceuticals market is growing rapidly.
These products are linked by the fact that they are cosmetic products with biologically active ingredients purporting to have medical or drug-like benefits. However, the market lacks a clear definition of what constitutes a cosmeceutical, with the term covering a spectrum of products from prescription-only products to widely available over-the-counter products.
Much of the innovation in the field is being carried out by cosmetic companies, which are investing heavily in R&D for cosmeceuticals, in a manner more typical of pharmaceutical companies. Pharmaceutical companies are competing to jump into the cosmetics business by releasing one cosmeceutical product after another.
This report provides key industry perspective on the cosmeceuticals industry from a large survey of over 90 cosmetic and pharmaceutical industry professionals, both within and outside of the cosmeceuticals sector. Those involved in the industry were found to mostly believe in the growth of cosmeceuticals and expected their company to increase its level of investment in the area.
In contrast, for those not involved with cosmeceuticals the opposite was generally true. The industry survey showed a strong consensus that the US, Japan and China are the most promising geographies in terms of growth expectations for the cosmeceuticals industry. This is due to an increase in the number of elderly people, increased awareness and the ability of cosmeceuticals to treat a diversifying array of indications.
- How can the cosmeceuticals sector be defined in general, and what types of product does it include?
- What are the key market entry strategies for cosmeceutical companies to enter into new markets?
- How does the regulatory landscape for different types of cosmeceuticals vary in key territories?
- What are the available key distribution channels in the cosmeceuticals market?
- What factors have hindered the growth of the cosmeceuticals market?
- What are the key companies involved in cosmeceuticals?
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to -
- Understand the complex differences in the regional regulation of cosmeceuticals, and how they shape the market
- Gain an understanding of the industry perspective on critical aspects of the cosmeceuticals industry, such as drivers, barriers, promising geographies and prominent cosmeceutical treatment segments
- Understand the market entry strategies of key players in the cosmetic industry
- Understand various next-generation cosmeceutical products available in the market and application technologies used to deve
Frequently Asked Questions
- By product type
- By End User/Applications
- By Technology
- By Region